Monday, July 5, 2010

Blanket. Oh the sweetness.


To be upfront: I made this blanket. I did not however, piece the quilt. That came that way. I just put it together. Nonetheless I'm very proud of this and want to make one for myself to snuggle with from the remaining fabric, although that might be a bit odd....But I did learn to sew a blanket binding on, which is tricky at least on my machine. In fact I realized making that that my basic machine is being out-grown by my interests. I think eventually I want to try quilting (although not for a long while as I still need to make scrubs, bibs, burp clothes, pajamas for my sister and a sock monkey and some of those things need to be done quickly (ie burp clothes, new mama jamas, breast pads, and the sock monkey). Plus I have plans to make my family all pajama pants for Christmas. I have one set done for my sister anyway and it is something easy that makes people happy. Then if things go according to plan (ha) I'll match them with homemade fleecey slipper socks. So that's the next 6 months to 6 years of sewing right there.....

(The blanket underneath is my custom 22 lb weighted blanket if anyone cares).










No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena